Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mammoth Cable Blanket




I first learned how to knit November 2004. I was celebrating Thanksgiving with my then boyfriend and his family somewhere in rural Pennsylvania. Pennsyltucky is more like it. Anyways, his mother noticed I was bored so she asked me if I wanted to learn how to knit. And that was that. When anyone takes the time to teach me how to do something/anything, I will genuinely learn how to do it.

I was obsessed with learning how to cable. I already love braiding hair so the idea of braiding yarn was awesome. This was more than awesome. This surpassed all awesomeness. For my first cable project I made this 100% cotton blanket. It took me over a year and it's queen size. What a feat! I love the green and blue stripes with the orange border. The colors are real subtle - like me ;)

Pax,
Ria

No comments: